Phone: 260-920-1012 ext. 2184
Click the library icon above to access the MEDIA CENTER icon and RESOURCE page
OR Download the free Destiny Quest APP!
Students can now access the Media Center Catalog from home or from Destiny Quest APP on smart phones, tablets, or ipads.
When clicking the book icon on the left you'll link to the library catalog and have access to two tabs:
HOME (with live links to many great resources) and
CATALOG that allow searches by title, author, subject, or keyword.
Mission: Our Media Center is an integral part of the educational process. It is our mission to provide students and staff with a 21st Century learning environment while we promote effective, ethical use of ideas and information; and foster a love of reading.
MEDIA CENTER HOURS:
7:30 AM - 4:00 PM
Monday - Friday
Research Databases Available Through Internet Connections (Password in Media Center)
*Databases, Test Prep, Student Research, Indiana Memory, & more.
No password needed
Full-text Readers' Guide to popular magazines & newspapers.
Password available in MC
Online databases, complete
reference sets that include:
American Business, 20th
Century Musicians &
Composers, Documents of History and of American Leader & Events.
Password available in the MC
Online access to Magill's Medical Guide, suitable for general readers and student research .
Password available in MC
** Password is available in the Media Center or in Guidance.
What DHS Students Can Expect
- Students can expect to receive courteous and respectful service from all Media Center staff members.
- Students can expect to find resources and equipment to meet their academic and curricular needs.
- Students can expect to find materials for leisure reading.
What DHS Media Center Staff (MC) Will Expect of Students
- The MC expects students to bring their school ID and sign in/out of the MC unless attending with a classroom teacher.
- The MC expects students to be reasonably quiet, respectful, and courteous at all time.
- The MC expects students to return materials on time and in good condition.
- The MC expects students to promptly pay for items lost or damaged. (See handbook for school property)
- The MC expects all students to follow DeKalb Central Schools Network and Internet Responsible Use Policy (RUP) and refrain from using computers for non-academic use.
- The MC expects students to refrain from bringing (to the media center) food, beverages, and other "prohibited" items as specified in the DHS handbook.