Reprinted from The Star--DeKalb High School won the Northeast Hoosier Conference Academic Super Bowl Meet on Monday at Columbia City High School.
DeKalb won for the second year in a row, taking first place in three of the six events and second or third place in the others.
DeKalb's team scored 46 points, with Carroll scoring 41 to place second.
East Noble and Homestead tied for third place with 34 pints each.
DeKalb also won its first meet of the season Feb. 25 at Hamilton High School. The team's next meet will be April 16.
The topic for this year's competition is "The Glory That Was Greece." Teams began practicing in December, studying ancient Greece in preparation for competitions throughout February, March and April.
DeKalb's individual team results at the NHC meet:
* social studies - first, Tony Gerig, Sean Mentzer, Christa Voirol, Brenae Newhard, Kendra Lechleidner, Matt Irwin, coach Andy Comfort
* fine arts - first, Annabelle Vanhorn, Shayna Burrage, Megan Burrage, coach Amy Buchs;
* math - first, Kendall Kelley, Will Pierce, Tyler Ort, Jessica Dye, Dallas Krinop, coach Josh Yankey;
* science - second, Will Pierce, Ruger Nester, Shayna Burrage, Sarah Bosell, Rebekah Bosell, coach Jenny Oberlin;
* interdisciplinary - third, Tony Gerig, Megan Burrage, Shayna Burrage, Brenae Newhard, Will Pierce;
* English - third, Tony Gerig, Megan Burrage, Brenae Newhard, Celeste Newhard, Sara Edmonds, coach Cyndi Klink